BSc, MSc, CPsychol, AFBPsS
Sports & Exercise Psychologist |
• HCPC Registered Practitioner Psychologist.
• Chartered Psychologist & Associate Fellow British Psychological Society.
• Founder and Managing Director of Awaremind providing sports and exercise psychology interventions to support the general public, elite athletes, individuals and teams to enable them to perform to their potential and reach their goals.
• Consultant for Well-being companies supporting businesses - 2015 to Present.
• Consultant for Human Performance companies supporting businesses - 2011 to Present.
• Associate Lecturer.
• UK Sport Endorsed Coach Mentor 2016 to 2020.
• Sussex County Cricket Club - Sports Psychologist - 2013 to Present.
• England Blind Football Team – Sports Psychologist – 2014-2015.
• English Institute of Sport - Sports Psychologist - 2007-2014.
• Great Britain Women’s Hockey - Sports Psychologist - 2008-2014.
• Great Britain Wheelchair Rugby Team – Sports Psychologist – 2010-2012.
• Insights Discovery Personality Profile Accredited – 2009 to Present.
Tom provides the Brytespark team with expertise in sport and exercise psychology. His special interest in behavioural change, and in particular how to motivate people to engage with health programmes, fits directly into many of Brytespark’s projects.
He has a strong interest in the area of mental resilience and he uses his background working in elite sport to help clients from different backgrounds understand and develop their ability to perform under pressure, recover after setbacks, ignite their motivation and fulfil their potential. He is especially interested in increasing people’s awareness of their personal resources and their capability to employ them when needed. Tom has a proven ability to deliver effective sports and exercise psychology interventions to a wide range of people, from the general public to world class athletes and coaches.